This is a repository of useful and up-to-date information on the states and municipalities of Mexico, in reference to their contributions toward the Nationally Determined Contribution (NDC) for the fight against climate change.
The contents of this tool are based on the results of the regional workshops on “Strengthening Subnational Capacities and Contributions to the Nationally Determined Contribution (NDC),” which were carried out between August 2017 and January 2018 and promoted by the Ministry of the Environment and Natural Resources (SEMARNAT) and the National Institute of Ecology and Climate Change (INECC), in collaboration with the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH.
In the tool kit, interested readers will be able to consult information on the status of climate policies at the subnational level, access climate training material and learn about specific implementation cases.
Specifically, the tool kit includes the following items:
- Documents about the international, national and subnational context of climate change
- Documents from the regional workshops, including presentations, success stories and video material covering the following areas:
- Design of climate measures
- Design of monitoring, reporting and verification (MRV) and monitoring and evaluation (M&E) systems
- Generating funds for climate change
- Obtaining climate change funds
- Each regional workshop report includes the following:
- Overall findings and recommendations
- Workshop documents
- Photo gallery
- Video summary
Please note that all documents are available in Spanish only.
I. International and National Context on Climate Change
II. Subnational Context on Climate Change
III. Design of Climate Change Measures
1. Success stories
a) State technical sheets